archimedes-discuss

[archimedes-discuss] GNU Archimedes fails to build using recent compiler

From: Alexander Vogt
Subject: [archimedes-discuss] GNU Archimedes fails to build using recent compilers
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 12:32:01 +0100

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently tried to compile the source code using both clang and gcc in
version 7.2, and neither successfully builds using the methods listed in the
manual.
After a lot of searching around, I changed every „inline“ to „static inline“ in
every .h-File, and it builds without problems. Using gcc ver. 4.9 that I
installed on a whim also worked.

I feel like this should maybe be included on the site or in the manual, since I
was stumped trying to figure out a solution. This may help a few others who
have problems with the installation process, too. The script I used to make the
aforementioned changes is "sed -i~ 's/inline/static inline/g' src/*.h“.

I hope this helps. I’ve never made a bug report before.

Many regards,
Alexander Vogt