aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] Testing The New Aspell

From: Melvin Hadasht
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Testing The New Aspell
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:20:06 +0200

Hi Seemant,

on Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:27:50 -0700
Seemant Kulleen <address@hidden> wrote:

 > I've got The New Aspell in Gentoo's portage tree at the moment (masked, so
 > only the developers and brave users install and run it).  Additionally, I
 > have kinda patched up our sylpheed-claws to be able to use it.

Concerning Sylpheed-Claws, I created a cvs branch. You can use -r
GNU_aspell_branch when getting Sylpheed-Claws via cvs.

The advantages I see vs pspell: it does not depend on libltdl. This caused for
some people a crash when the module is loaded (at least, that's how I
interpreted it). Faster startup because of no dynamic loading. With pspell, when
people compiled Sylpheed-Claws with gcc-2.9x and pspell/aspell with gcc-3.x,
they experienced a crash (I assume something to do with libltdl and C++ ABI).
Now, even if I compile Claws and GNU aspell with different compilers, there is
no crash. (I used cvs libtool, so maybe this helps, too).

Farvel (Danish: Farewell)

--
Melvin Hadasht