aspell-devel

[aspell-devel] BUG+FIX: current aspell-dict configure script broken wrt

From: Ulrich Fahrenberg
Subject: [aspell-devel] BUG+FIX: current aspell-dict configure script broken wrt --vars
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:04:16 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

(please CC me on any replies; I am not a member of this list)

trying to install several current aspell-dicts (en,da,de,no,fr,sv; all
from http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/):

env. vars handed to configure with, e.g.

        ./configure --vars DESTDIR=/bla

are not recognized; the other variant

        DESTDIR=/bla ./configure

however works.

The reason appears to be a cut-and-paste mistake in the option parsing
loop:

The variable `optarg' never gets defined to what it should be (`/bla'
in my example), because there is a line missing:

  optarg=`expr "x$option" : 'x[^=]*=\(.*\)'`

(I found it in the aspell configure script.)

With the extra line inserted, it works as expected.

Regards,
Uli

--
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli