aspell-devel

[aspell-devel] aspell-en configure suggestion

From: m abney
Subject: [aspell-devel] aspell-en configure suggestion
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:49:46 -0700 (PDT)

I recently had an error when running 'make' on aspell-en. The problem
resutled from empty variables, such as PREZIP. This was resulted
because the command `which ...` portion of

echo "PREZIP = `which $PREZIP`" >> Makefile

in the configure script failed. It failed because I happen to have a
fairly archaic .cshrc that's left over from some years ago (I use bash
now) and it happens to have a line in it that causes it to now fail. I
would just like to humbly suggest that the configure script check for
these types of errors before writing an erroneous Makefile. Also, to
try and make this a little less of a "my own personal one-time problem"
problem, I believe there are some implementations of 'which' which do
not import PATH from the environment and only get what a csh would get.
This might cause a failure if I installed aspell in a non-standard
location.

Mark

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs