aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] Profanity suppression in Aspell

From: ensonic
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Profanity suppression in Aspell
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:03:11 +0200

On 7:58:21 pm 16/05/2006 Jose Da Silva <address@hidden> wrote:
> On May 16, 2006 09:35 am, Ethan Bradford wrote:
> >  What do you think about adding profanity suppression to Aspell as
> >  an auxiliary file?  By adding an additional file of profanity, we
> >  can make Aspell recognize correctly spelled profanity and not flag
> >  it, while avoiding giving profanity in the suggestion list.  I
> >  consider this ideal in that it doesn't get in the way of somebody
> >  who wants to use profanity, but it avoids pushing it in somebody
> else's face.
>
> Appears what you describe is similar to a slang dictionary, but in
> this case, you mean a slang word list, unless you want to stick with
> calling it a profanity dictionary (or wordlist).

This is something i am interested in too. How can I specify such a
dictionary when doing spellchecking? I like to create a dictionary of API
sysmbols. That come useful when spell checking api-docs, where there are
often references to function names.

Any pointers how to create such a slang-dictionary out of a wordlist and
how to make aspell use it. The last time I tried it, I got nowhere :(

Stefan