aspell-devel

[aspell-devel] aspell 0.6 win64 binary anyone

From: Michael Zaichenko
Subject: [aspell-devel] aspell 0.6 win64 binary anyone
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 12:09:16 -0700

Hello,
I have been trying to compile a binary for Aspell 0.6 for WIN64 for the past 2 days straight, in vain. I tried Cygwin and Msys with no luck - the compilers fail to link modules or something. I'm not very savvy in Linux packages/compilation so I can't even tell where it goes wrong. Tried compiling with -i and it did make a aspell.exe but this .exe file is not working. It does display info but it doesn't spell anything and it also relies on a whole slew of files... All in all - big fat disappointment.
So as my last-ditch attempt I'm writing to this list.
I've been using Aspell for the last 6 years but only in English and never had to do other languages - now I do. So I downloaded the languages I need but my Aspell 0.5 fails to compile them as rws dictionaries, saying there are some characters it can't compile - i'm using cwl file as a source list. I'm stumped. Can someone help me either compile this 0.6 for WIN64 or compile rws dictionaries for 0.5?

Michael