aspell-devel

[aspell-devel] Hebrew Aspell

From: Michael Zaichenko
Subject: [aspell-devel] Hebrew Aspell
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 11:10:36 -0700

Hello,

I've compiled Aspell for Windows and now I'm testing it with different languages. I ran into a situation whereby Hebrew files do not get spell checked.

I saved Hebrew text file as Unicode and as UTF-8 - no difference in Aspell performance.

I tried running Aspell with --encoding=ISO-8859-8 and --encoding=cp1255 - again no result. Aspell seems to ignore the file.

I put in obvious typos into the file and still Aspell wouldn't pick them up.

What do I need to know about using Aspell with Hebrew which I didn't cover here?

Michael