Re: Gcc 2.7.2 support. How important is it?

From: JAmes Atwill
Subject: Re: Gcc 2.7.2 support. How important is it?
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 21:33:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> Is it even worth it?  Egcs is available on most unix platforms by now
> and it is included in RedHat 5.1 and Debaian Hamm.  So I don't really
> see the need to continue to support gcc 2.7.2.

I would suggest that if it's a pain to do, to make a gcc 2.7.2 "final"
version of aspell which is fairly clean.  From there, continue on the egcs
version of aspell.

When I can cleanly compile a Linux kernel with EGCS and can rid my system
completely of the gcc system (both c and c++), then you could likely stop
offering the aspell gcc version.

        JAmes