Re: Aspell/Gaspell Design Issues

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: Aspell/Gaspell Design Issues
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 05:37:50 +0000

Samphan Raruenrom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on Mozilla Thai Enabling (http://www.thai.net/mozilla/).
> And I plan to implement my Thai spelling checker using ispell's
> interface. (I don't know if it is possible to merge every
> language in aspell?)

Why Not?  I would be interested in knowing the reasons.

> I think the open-source mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org/) still
> need open-source spelling checkers. Reading the source, I found
> that its spelling-checker API is easy to implement.

I haven't really taken a close look yet.  When I get the change I may
consider incorporating aspell info mozilla.

> Do you have any plan to contribute aspell to mozilla?
> Without open-source spelling checker, users will have to
> resort to netscape binary for the feature.

I have already offered and an offical netscape representaive already
contacted me and I gave him the go ahead.  Other than that I do not know
the status.

--
Kevin Atkinson
address@hidden