Re: [aspell] Core dump on Solaris 2.7

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell] Core dump on Solaris 2.7
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:43:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Don Steiny wrote:

>       I have the problem described in the README, of the interactive
> portions of aspell dumping core.   Unfortunately, the fixes do not seem
> to work.   I am using gcc 2.95.2, which should not have the problem.
> Has anyone gotten Ispell to work on Sparc/Solaris?   I am using .28.3
> aspell.   I spent time trying to debug it and it is in the rope code.

First try upgrading to Aspell .32.1 and see if it still does it.  If it
does compile aspell.cc with debug but no optimization:
  cd src; make clean && make CXXFLAGS="-g"
and then send me a backtrace.  Also make sure that "aspell -a" words OK.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/