Re: [aspell] help

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell] help
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:12:51 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Mohsen Emadi wrote:

> Dear Friends

Hi, I have been trying to email you however for some reason you have not
been getting my messages.

>  I'm trying to use Aspell for Farsi language. Do you know anybody
> tried later for this porpuse? and is there anybody help me for the
> questtins?

> 1- When  I create Farsi dat file with Unicode selected as it's  charset
>  and I try to compile a master dictionary with the command "aspell
>  --lang=Farsi create master ./base<wordlist"I receive the messege" the
> ./unicode.dat  is not in proper format". what's the meaning of the
> messege? is it means that aspell couldn't accept Unicode as it's charset
> ?

Yes that is correct.  Aspell does not currently accept Unicode as a
charset.

> 2- Instead of unicode when I try to change the charset to ISO 8859-6 and
> I convert my wordlist to this charset, and by the command "aspell
>  --lang=farsi create master ./base < wordlist"  I receive messeges like
> this    "Invalid word "pv": The character '' may not appear at the
> middle of a word.", and It seems that Aspell can't compile the wordlist
> based on ISO 8859-6.

I will need to see the word list in order to tell what is going on.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/