Re: [aspell-user] Romanian

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-user] Romanian
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 04:21:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Ionel Mugurel [iso-8859-2] Ciobîcã wrote:

> My intention is to help with a Romanian dictionary for aspell.
> Can someone point me to the place I can start to read what
> I am suppose to do?

Right now the process in which to add another language to Aspell is is
about to be changed.  The best thing to do is to email me
address@hidden the following information:

* The character set your language uses (ie iso-8859-1, koi8-r, ...)
* The two letter language code (ie en, de, ...)
* Any non alphabetic characters that can appear in a word
* The actual word list after it is expanded with "ispell -e"

I will then create a preliminary Aspell-dicts package for your language
and mail it too you for you to check out.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://www.ibiblio.org/kevina/