Re: [Aspell-user] Patch for ispell.el to improve aspell support in Emacs

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Patch for ispell.el to improve aspell support in Emacs
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 12:25:29 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Christopher J. Madsen wrote:

> attached patch will notify aspell of the replacements you make so it
> can improve the suggestion list in the future.
>
> This patch has not undergone much testing; use at your own risk.

Thanks a lot.  I have been meaning to do this for a while. I added the
patch to the aspell ftp area and made a note about it on the Aspell's web
page. Hopefully the patch will make it into the next version of Ispell.el.

Another problem with ispell.el is that it doesn't recognize Aspell
dictionaries instead you have to use one of the ispell compatibility name.
If you have some time and would like to help you could enhance ispell.el
to get the list of available dictionaries by using 'aspell dump dicts'
when it recognized that it is using Aspell 0.50 or better (Aspell 0.33 does
not have this feature).  If you don't have the time don't worry about it.
I will get to it ... eventually.

Thanks.
Kevin

--