Re: [Aspell-user] suggestion scores through C API

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] suggestion scores through C API
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:45:58 -0500 (EST)

On 19 Feb 2003, Michael J. Brewer 99 wrote:

> I'm wondering if there's a rationale behind not having suggestion scores
> (edit distances, though I know they're more than that) available through
> the C interface code.  Previously these were passed back during the
> suggest() call.

When was this?  This must of been a LONG time ago.

> Was there a reason beyond convenience for not including suggestion
> scores in the C interface? Are other library users similarly interested
> in these scores? Would it be worthwhile to add to the C API? Am I
> completely missing something and the scores are readily available?

The meaning of the scores returned can change from one release to another
and I do not want people relaying on them.  That is the main reason.  Than
there is also the complexity of figuring out how extent the C api to
provide them.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org