[Aspell-user] `Offencive' Wrongly Exists in British English Dictionary.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: [Aspell-user] `Offencive' Wrongly Exists in British English Dictionary.
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:38:27 +0000

Hi,

Running aspell-0.33.7-1 with the British English dictionary I find it
doesn't have the word `offensive', instead suggesting `offencive'.  The
former is the correct British English spelling, the latter doesn't exist
in _Collins English Dictionary_, not even as an American spelling.

(Note, `offence' is the correct British English spelling.)

I've checked the online Aspell dictionaries using
http://aspell.net/suggest/ and that gives the same results as
aspell-0.33.7-1.

I realise that aspell's maintainers aren't responsible for the
dictionaries, but have found it difficult to find out where exactly to
the right direction.

Thanks,

Ralph.