Re: [Aspell-user] Ranking of the Aspell suggestions

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Ranking of the Aspell suggestions
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:46:52 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, jcrowell wrote:

> If anyone can tell me how to get this information from Aspell I would be
> grateful.  If not, then I guess I am going to have to plunge into the
> source, so if anyone can give me information about how to plunge into the
> source and modify it to extract the information I need, that would be ok
> too.

Look at "modules/speller/default/suggest.cpp".  The Aspell API does not
provide a way to return the score.  However if you define DEBUG_SUGGEST,
by uncommenting the line that defines it, it will print out suggestion
information.  Understand, however, that the algorithm Aspell uses is not
set in stone and can change between releases.  That one of the reasons I
don't provide a way to get the scores, the other is figuring out how to
extent the API to support it.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org