[Aspell-user] Installiing Aspell 0.50.3 on Mac OSX

From: David Garrard
Subject: [Aspell-user] Installiing Aspell 0.50.3 on Mac OSX
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:12:39 -0400

I am having a problem compiling Aspell on a MAC OSX box.  Likely a newbie
problem.  I have never done this before.

I have set up a folder for compiling of Aspell on a Mac OSX box as follows:

Folder: Aspell

I downloaded the compressed Aspell file (aspell-0.50.3.tar.gz) and the
english dictionary file (aspell-en-0.50-2.tar.bz2) and expanded them.  They
appear as folders within the Aspell folder I created.

Within a terminal window I have browsed to within the Aspell folder and I
have typed the following into the terminal:

Aspell:  sudo ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared
I am prompted to enter a password.  I then get the following reply:

'sudo: ./configure: command not found'

If I don't sudo I get 'permission denied.'

I have also Repaired Disk Permissions with the Disk Utility.  Mac OS
10.2.8 - Developer Tools installed.

Any ideas,  much thanks in advance.