[Aspell-user] Automate ASpell?

From: Nick
Subject: [Aspell-user] Automate ASpell?
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:28:45 -0500

Hello, I would like to know if there is any way I can make Aspell automatically
choose the first choice it suggests.
I have a lot of scanned images that I extracted the text out of.  The text
files created by ps2ascii have some misspelled words in them.  If possible I
would like to setup Aspell in a script to automatically correct the spelling
mistakes.  I understand that this would not be exact and Aspell appears to be
written for spelling mistakes made by humans not computer parsers.
Is there a way for Aspell to do this?  Am I using the wrong package to handle
this type of spell checking?

Thanks,
Nick