[Aspell-user] Aspell on Solaris (fix)

From: Shane Iseminger
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell on Solaris (fix)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 06:05:39 -0700

Hello all,

Some weeks ago I posted about a problem running aspell 0.50.41 on Solaris. It compiles fine but won't start:

# aspell
ld.so.1: aspell: fatal: ure-text: open failed: No such file or directory
ld.so.1: aspell: fatal: ure-text: audit initialization failure: disabled
Killed

Initially I had to use 0.50.3, which works fine. A while later I received an email from Anthon Nikolayev, who gave me a workaround. I've had several other people email me asking if I've found a solution to the problem, so I wanted to post it here so others can find it in the archive (and so it might be fixed in a future release).

The fix:

Remove this in ./configure
---
if test "$GXX" = "yes"
then
case "$host" in
*-sun-solaris* ) extra_ldflags="-Wl,-mimpure-text";;
esac
fi
---

-- Shane Iseminger