[Aspell-user] Re: Building Text::Aspell in W32

From: Chi Kin Ho
Subject: [Aspell-user] Re: Building Text::Aspell in W32
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:01:45 +0100

Hey guys, I have managed to do it:

The reason Makefile couldn't find the -laspell library was because it tried
to find either "aspell.lib" or "libaspell.lib", however the filenames in
the aspell-dev-0-50-3-3 package had the version numbers attached to them
(was this deliberate?).... For example, I had to rename "aspell-15.lib" to
"aspell.lib" to make it work...

My fault, should have used "perl Makefile.pl verbose" ages ago...

Regards,
Chi Kin Ho
WebSphere MQ Service
NotesID: Chi Kin Ho/UK/IBM
Email: address@hidden
Int. Tel.: 248205
----- Forwarded by Chi Kin Ho/UK/IBM on 2004/08/10 11:52 -----

             Chi Kin Ho/UK/IBM

                                       address@hidden
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Building Text::Aspell in W32

Hi,

I am running ActivePerl v5.8.3 build 809 on IIS, Windows 2000 Server, and I
am trying to install the Text::Aspell 0.04 perl module.

I have tried to install it from PPM using
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/Text-Aspell.ppd , but this is version
0.03, which is apparently incompatible with ActivePerl v.5.8.3 (Anyone know
a ppm repository for version 0.04?)

Failing that, I have tried to compile from source using VC++ compiler. I
have installed Aspell on the system, and the DLL file is in my path. I have
also downloaded the aspell-dev-0-50-3-3 package with the necessary lib and
include files (they are in my path also).

However when I run:

perl Makefile.pl

I get

Note (probably harmless): No library found for -laspell
Writing Makefile for Text::Aspell

and then I get errors when running nmake.

Anyone know how I can solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chi Kin Ho
WebSphere MQ Service
NotesID: Chi Kin Ho/UK/IBM