[Aspell-user] Re: can't compile aspell 0.60 under cygwin

From: Blough, Joseph
Subject: [Aspell-user] Re: can't compile aspell 0.60 under cygwin
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:49:46 -0400

I was able to get Aspell to compile but not link on Win32 when compiling
with MinGW.  Here are the source file changes that I had to make:

common/lock.hpp
  wrap the "#include <pthread.h>" in a "#ifdef USE_POSIX_MUTEX" block

common/file_util.cpp
  include <dirent.h> inside the WIN32 block (needed for the definition of
DIR)

common/info.cpp
  include <dirent.h> inside the WIN32 block (needed for the definition of
DIR)

modules/speller/default/readonly_ws.cpp
  Add "typedef unsigned int uint;" although this should possibly be wrapped
in an "#ifndef uint" block

Also, my Makefile had an extra '/' between "bin" and "perl" which made the
gen/mk-static-filter.pl not want to execute properly.

At this point, it's compiling with mingw32-make.exe but not linking.  Since
this is MinGW rather than cygwin, maybe dlltool or dllwrap should be used
rather than libtool.