Re: [Aspell-user] Problem compiling Aspell 0.60 under solaris

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Problem compiling Aspell 0.60 under solaris
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:19:40 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Matthew Black wrote:

> Was able to make 0.50.5, but could not compile 0.60.
> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Humm.  It doesn't look like your curses library support wide characters
very well.  Try changing the line in gen/settings.h from:
  #define HAVE_WIDE_CURSES 1
  /* #define HAVE_WIDE_CURSES 1 */
Unless it is already commented out, in which case you will find the line:
  /* #undef HAVE_WIDE_CURSES */

If that doesn't solve the problem it could be that you may need to use
ncurses.  I will gladly accept clean patches so that it will work with the
standard salaries curses library.  It is diffacult for me to know what
functionaly is support by the 101 different curses library out there.

If you want UTF-8 support you may also want to try the latest pre-release
snapshot avilable at
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/aspell-0.60.1-20040927.tar.gz

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org