[Aspell-user] quick problem...

From: Jon Stephens
Subject: [Aspell-user] quick problem...
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:15:28 -0700

So I downloaded the .60 source and did the "./configure & make" but I get
this compile error:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I./gen -I./gen -I./common -I./interfaces/cc/ -I
./modules/speller/default/ -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -g -O2 -f
no-exceptions -c
odules/filter/email.cpp -Wp,-MD,modules/.deps/email.TPlo  -fPIC -DPIC -o
modules/filter/.libs/email.o
cpp0: modules/.deps/email.TPlo: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [modules/filter/email.lo] Error 1

Any clues what might have caused that?  I went and checked and I have these
files:

xserver:~/aspell-0.60# ls -a modules/
.  ..  Makefile  Makefile.in  filter  speller  tokenizer
xserver:~/aspell-0.60# ls -a modules/filter/
.          .libs                context.cpp        html-filter.info
tex-filter.info
..         Makefile             email-filter.info  modes             tex.cpp
.deps      Makefile.in          email.cpp          sgml-filter.info
url-filter.info
.dirstamp  context-filter.info  email.loT          sgml.cpp          url.cpp
xserver:~/aspell-0.60# ls -a modules/filter/.deps/
.  ..  .dirstamp  context.Plo  email.Plo  sgml.Plo  tex.Plo  url.Plo

The irony being that I'm working on a free ASP port that I'll be more than
willing to post when I'm finished with it.  I'm almost done.  I found a
discrepancy in the way it was building the JavaScript array though which I'm
working out the logic of right now.  Fortunately I program in Perl, PHP and
ASP among other things so it wasn't too hard to port.

The *nix box I'm running this on is a Debian port with Apache 2 and PHP5.

I can post the complete configure and the two lines of compile above this if
needed.

Thanks.

Jon