[Aspell-user] Problem with creating master dictionary under Windows

From: Nikola Smolenski
Subject: [Aspell-user] Problem with creating master dictionary under Windows
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:32:29 +0200

Hello to all!

I am trying to create master dictionary for aspell under Windows and am
getting strange errors:

----
F:\Program Files\aspell>bin\aspell create master --prefix=f:\progra~1\aspell
--lang sr
Unhandled Error: The file "f:\progra~1\aspell/dict/" can not be opened for
writing.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
----

When I try to specify path to dictionaries:

----
F:\Program Files\aspell>bin\aspell create master --prefix=f:\progra~1\aspell\
--dict-dir=f:\progra~1\aspell\dict --lang sr
Unhandled Error: The file "f:\progra~1\aspell\dict/" can not be opened for
writing.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
----

I have made following files:

sr.multi:
----
add sr.rws
----

sr.dat:
----
name sr
charset iso8859-5
----

I have aspell 0.50.3. Under Linux, I can create master dictionary in this way
without any trouble.

Any idea what might be wrong?