[Aspell-user] latex accents

From: darkstar
Subject: [Aspell-user] latex accents
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:20:20 +0100

Hello,

I have found the old message I attatch below in the archives. I
have actually the same problem ad Domenico some times ago, but with
french text in latex. I don't want to use a proper iso8859 because I
have an american keyboard and I'm getting lost when I change to
french one. So is there any way that the world f\'evrie will be
read by aspell as févrie? Acha, I do not really understand the
remark at the bottom of the mail about adding some "special" command
to the language file... any example?

   My best regards, Mariusz

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Domenico Andreoli wrote:

> is planned any support for german umlaute for latex files? it
seems to be
> required in order to use new german rules.

If you mean something adding accent characters before are after words to
indicate accents than yes, but do you *really* want to use them.  Most
people these days use characters from the iso-8859-* character set (or
Unicode) for accents instead of putting accent characters before or
after
ASCII letters.  However, if you must use the accent characters you
Aspell
can support kind of support it by making it a middle character by adding
something like 'special " -*-' to the language data file.