[Aspell-user] aspell treating every word as a misspelled word ERROR!

From: Ken Hawkins
Subject: [Aspell-user] aspell treating every word as a misspelled word ERROR!
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:05:50 -0500

Hi there,

new to aspell and I hope this is not a newbie kind of problem.. though it could be.

I am running FreeBSD, apache 1.3, php4 and aspell extensions. I have placed an american dictionary in /usr/lib/aspell as well as created an aspell.conf file in /etc which points to where the 'master' dictionary is '/usr/lib/aspell/american

however when I try to use spell checking it treats every word as a misspelled word! no matter whether it is correct or not.

is there more configuring I have to do? I thought that I should restart apache (just a shot in the dark). any help would be greatly appreciated.

ken;