[Aspell-user] Problem using aspell in -a mode

From: Gary Setter
Subject: [Aspell-user] Problem using aspell in -a mode
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:42:43 -0500

Hi Joerg,

I worked on the port of aspell 0.60 to Win32. I do not have that
version on my system at this time, but I did unarchive something
close and  checked it out to see if it functioned as I expected.
It did.

You can download the version I was looking at from here. This is
not an official version, so beware.
home.att.net/~setterg/Aspell602.ZIP

I tested it with the system command. My tiny sample program just
looks like this:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
  int rtn = system("type sample.txt |
ASpell6CmdDebug\\ASpell6Cmd.exe -a");
  getchar();
 return rtn;
}

This is the results to the window:
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell
0.50.4.1)
*
*
*
*
*
& tyou 4 24: tou, you, thou, toyo
*
*
*
+ type

Note that you may need to fiddle with your aspell.conf file so
that it points to valid files and directories.
Please let me know if that works for you.
Best regards,
Gary Setter