Re: [Aspell-user] newbie-how do I install the program

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] newbie-how do I install the program
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:59:18 -0500

<snip>
> >I hope that the next version of aspell is platform independent
> >and we can start distributing binaries.
> >Regards,
> >Gary Setter
>
> This is the part that makes no sense... even if the source is
not platform
> independent now, you have a Win32 binary... why not make it
available...
> with the notice that it was modified to compile.... you are
already
> providing the source.
>
> Frank

You may have noticed that my code is in Alpha status. That means
that it is still a ways from being fully released. You may not
think this way, but some believe that a binary release is a full
release and that all users should be able to use it without
problems. By not releasing a binary, I'm indicating that the
project is not yet finished.

Best regards,
Gary Setter