[Aspell-user] Help Installing Dictionary

From: Christian Ward
Subject: [Aspell-user] Help Installing Dictionary
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:55:57 -0700

I have tried to install the latest version of Aspell (0.60.3) and am having some problems getting the English dictionary installed. here is what I have done thus far:

-- Aspell:

./configure && make
make install

aspell is located in /usr/local/bin

install ispell /usr/local/bin
install spell /usr/local/bin

/usr/local/bin is in the PATH

No problems with the installation of Aspell

-- Dictionary

Downloaded aspell6-en-6.0-0.tar.bz2
unstarred the file
ran ./configure

I get the following error message:

Finding Dictionary file location ... aspell: error while loading shared libraries: libaspell.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Finding Data file location ... aspell: error while loading shared libraries: libaspell.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas?