Re: [Aspell-user] frozen terminal

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] frozen terminal
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:36:42 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Smith" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 4:41 PM
Subject: [Aspell-user] frozen terminal

> Hi,
> I'm running the latest aspell on os X 10.4.6 installed by fink.
When
> I go to use it ("fink -c <filename>"), it finds the first
misspelled
> word as expected but the terminal doesn't respond to text from
the
> keyboard.  I just have to ctrl z out and kill the app.  I've
tried it
> on various Terminal settings including different shells and
terminal
> emulation modes as well as the X11 Xterm.  All have the same
problem.

> Does anyone have any ideas?
> -Lee

The only problem that I've had that was in any way similer was
back in August of 2005. This is what I wrote then
" I could reproduce the problem by creating a replacement
dictionary where one misspelled word had two corrections, and
checking a document that had that misspelled word."

The chances are slim, but you are welcome to compile the my
Windows port. You can keep your make files and use my source
files maybe. Aspell is a subproject of my editor project. The
project is in Alpha status. The site is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary