Re: [Aspell-user] pspell dictionary corrupt

From: Stephen Harris
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] pspell dictionary corrupt
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:09:58 -0700

Reverend John Klapp wrote:
I need help...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Atkinson" <address@hidden>
To: "Reverend John Klapp" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: pspell dictionary corrupt

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Reverend John Klapp wrote:

I think the English pspell dictionary is corrupt
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/w32/Aspell-en-0.50-2-3.exe

This is the error message I am recieving

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set
of
HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

pspell abnormal program termination
Unhandled Error: E:\Program Files\Aspell\dict/en-only.rws: The file
"E:\Program Files\Aspell\data/iso8859-1.dat" is not in the proper
format.
It is not corrupt.  You are likely using an incompatible version.  If you
need more help post to address@hidden

Any suggestions?

Thanks :)

Try aspell from the command line on a test file of deliberately
misspelled (badwords.txt) words. So  C:\>aspell -c badwords.txt
and see if it works or not.

If it doesn't work, uninstall Aspell and the dictionary and
reinstall both of them in C:\aspell
and then check from the command line again, as shown above.
This will narrow down where the problem arises.