Re: [Aspell-user] aspell 0.60 win32 port

From: aspell . 20 . victim123
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell 0.60 win32 port
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:31:53 +0400

Hi

Thanks so much for the reply

I've installed aspell [into the hardcoded directory ] for now

That is C:\Program Files\Aspell

so I suppose I should add C:\Program Files\Aspell\bin in my path to
use aspell from anywhere

All of your dictionary files should go into C:\Aspell\data. The en-US
dictionary is included in the .zip. If people are interested I can build
other dictionaries as well.

Is there a UK English dictionary already somewhere ? or has some one
else in the list built it ? if NOT do not spend time on that ... it's
ok, I'll manage with the US dict.

thanks in advance
Regards

Vinayak

On 5/30/06, Stephen Harris - address@hidden
<address@hidden>
wrote:
address@hidden wrote:
> How do I choose the directory (for Aspell to be installed into) if I
> use this .exe file to install ASPELL. It seems to automatically choose
> a particular directory ??
>

>> > http://www.nosq.com/blog/2005/07/aspell-0603-for-win32/

The webpage mentions this, but I didn't see how to do it.
I am not sure there is a choice unless you build it, but
you could try cut and paste of the directory to another
location with Windows Explorer.

Quoting from the webpage:

"Unzip the contents of the download onto the root of your C:\.

The path, unfortunately, is hard coded into the binary. The
--enable-win32-relocatable option is currently not working
in the Aspell sources.

I would have chosen C:\Program Files\ as the default install path, but
the space in the path name gave me trouble. Update: Seth got it working
by using C:\Progra~1\Aspell for the installer version.

All of your dictionary files should go into C:\Aspell\data. The en-US
dictionary is included in the .zip. If people are interested I can build
other dictionaries as well.

That's it! Add C:\Aspell\bin to your PATH environment variable if you
want to be able to run it anywhere. Otherwise, test the binary by typing
aspell dump dicts from the command line."

SH: I mentioned getting the other language dictionaries from LyX Wiki.