[Aspell-user] re: Medical dictionary available

From: Stephen Holland
Subject: [Aspell-user] re: Medical dictionary available
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:16:07 -0600

Sorry to muck up the list on this. I wasn't subscribed at first on the initial post.

The medical dictionary can be found at

http://homepage.mac.com/sholland/contrivances/

The file downloadable from there is en-medical.rws
The file is 6.7 MB in size. It is both a general english dictionary and a medical dictionary, combined.

You may to create or edit a .multi file for this to work. One very pleasant and helpful fellow suggested that I just make the word list available so people can compile their own dictionary.

Regarding the copyright, the folks at the NLM claim no copyright and provide it for public use without restriction, except to say they do not want to be credited as the source. As a list, it is not subject to copyright restrictions. It is therefore public domain.

Stephen Holland, M.D.
Naperville Gastroenterology
Naperville, IL