[Aspell-user] Adding new words/removing words

From: Christian Lebe
Subject: [Aspell-user] Adding new words/removing words
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:12:21 +0800

Hi all,

I am quite new to aspell, our aspell installation is quite old (International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell .33.7.1 alpha) However it has been doing its task very well (it’s quick!).

There has been a  new requirement raised by our client to add new words to the dictionary. Everything is straight forward, I created a personal dictionary file and it works fine for normal words.

However, problem appears when I try to add words like ‘OH&S’ or ‘R&D’ where it complains of the ‘&’ sign in the middle of the words. Anyone have any idea to solve this?

And also I tried to remove words from dictionary, would that be possible? My word is ii-Net.. basically I want to remove ii-Net or possibly give suggestion of the correct spelling, which will be iiNet. I tried using personal replacement file, but it seems it doesn’t recoqnize it, because I think it knows word ‘ii-Net’ as one fine word with correct spelling. Does anyone have any idea to solve this as well?

Thanks heaps J any idea would be very much appreciated.

Christian