[Aspell-user] Updated pt_BR dictionary for Aspell 6

From: Leonardo Fontenelle
Subject: [Aspell-user] Updated pt_BR dictionary for Aspell 6
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:11:08 -0300

I hope this release is worth the wait!

I took the decision to take full profit of Aspell being able to
understand hyphens as part of the word. If any Enchant user is not
happy with it, that person should use the ooo dictionary instead. I
even have a step-by-step explanation for that (in Portuguese) [1].

As I said in my last e-mail, this version has a much improved accuracy
when checking words with enclisis and mesoclisis [2]. This was done by
Raimundo S. Moura, the Brazilian Myspell/Hunspell dictionary
maintainer. He was kind enough to provide an "ideal" version for Vim
and Aspell, without the workarounds needed by OpenOffice.org to spell
check words with hyphens.

This version of aspell6-pt_BR also ships with br-abnt2.kbd, modified
from standard.kbd to reflect the position of "รง" in the most common
keyboard layout in Brazil. The documentation was cut down, but I
included in the tarball the script I use to make the tarball.

The tarball was not included because it is 844K large. It will be
temporarily available in my blog [3], until Kevin Atkinson reports it
was add to GNU Aspell's FTP site.

Have a nice week!

Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org