Re: [Aspell-user] Getting spelling suggestions from aspell in pipe mode?

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Getting spelling suggestions from aspell in pipe mode?
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:07:40 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Colin McMillen wrote:

Hi,

I would like to use aspell in pipe mode to get spelling suggestions
for *all* words (including words which are correctly spelled.)
Basically, I want the results of aspell_speller_suggest(...) for every
word in the input file, but aspell only prints "*" if a word is
spelled correctly; it doesn't print out the other possibilities.

Is it possible to get spelling suggestions for correct words in pipe mode?

Unfortunately no. But it is really easy to write an program to do that by using aspell_speller_suggest. Or you can use the example program included with Aspell.