[Aspell-user] HTML entities?

From: Ian Macky
Subject: [Aspell-user] HTML entities?
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:15:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi...

I'm trying to use aspell to check some French text I transcribed and
turned into HTML, but the "Html/Sgml mode", while correctly ignoring tags,
does not understand [character] entities.  Are they not supported??

"système" etc doesn't check very well if the entities aren't
processed!

I gave up on ispell.  There is some sort of patch for processing HTML
entities, but only for a 10-year-old version.  The latest ispell understands
HTML tags but also does not process entities.

Thanks...

--ian