[Aspell-user] aspell functionality with the --mode=ccpp flag

From: Keith Bostic
Subject: [Aspell-user] aspell functionality with the --mode=ccpp flag
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:17:14 -0400

Hi -- I hope this is the right place to ask about aspell functionality.

I'm using aspell with the --mode=ccpp flag to do general purpose
error/string message checking in some C language code.  The problem I'm
having is that aspell reports strings like "\thelp" as misspellings, that
is, the parser doesn't recognize "\t" is a unit separate from the "help"
string, and so complains about the string "thelp".

Is there a way to get around this problem?

I'm not qualified to have an opinion, but off-hand it seems like the ccpp
mode could reasonably ignore the standard C language string literal
metacharacters.

Thank you for a really useful tool!

--keith

Keith Bostic