Re: [Aspell-user] Where is the personal dictionary for English language?

From: Swarup
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Where is the personal dictionary for English language?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:18:07 -0400

On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 20:39 -0600, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> [Added aspell-user back on the CC list, please do not email me directly.]
>
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2011, Swarup wrote:

> >> It should be ".aspell.en.pws".  It may not exist because you have not
> >> added any English words to your personal dictionary.
> >
> > I have added many words. Not only that, but I have added some which I
> > wish to remove. That is the reason I was searching for this file.
>
> Then try this do:
>    aspell --lang=en dump config
>
> Than at the value of the following settings:
>    home-dir
>    personal
>
> It should tell the the exact value when configured for the English
> language.  If that doesn't help than I really don't know where Aspell is
> storing them.  It could be that it is really Hunspell that is being used,
> in which case I can not help you.

Is this what you are referring to--

# home-dir (string)
#   location for personal files
# default: <$HOME|./> = /home/swarup

I am not using Hunspell, to the best of my knowledge. I am working in
gedit, and the spellchecker I am using is aspell. I edit the aspell
Hindi dictionary all the time, adding to it, changing words, removing
words. And in the gedit tools menu I can select English or Hindi as the
spellchecker. If the Hindi spellchecker in that very menu is aspell,
then I would imagine the English spellchecker is also aspell.