[Aspell-user] aspell 0.60.6.1 returning suggestions for a correctly spel

From: Sean Hope (shope)
Subject: [Aspell-user] aspell 0.60.6.1 returning suggestions for a correctly spelled word
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 14:17:32 +0000

Hello,

We use aspell as the basis for a spell checker of our source code. Recently our
build machines have been updated, and the version of aspell present on them has
changed. The newer version has some different behaviour, and I'm wondering if
it is a bug, a feature, or something I can workaround.

The problem is that longer words that are spelled correctly, are being
indicated as incorrectly spelled, with the requested word, one of the
suggestions.

For example, the word "transmission" shows this behaviour.

Working:
========

> echo "transmission" | /usr/bin/aspell -l en
> --dict-dir="/auto/gdp-tools/uspell/en_dict/" pipe
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.3)
*

Non-Working:

> echo "transmission" | /usr/bin/aspell -l en
> --dict-dir="/auto/gdp-tools/uspell/en_dict/" pipe
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.6.1)
& transmission 7 0: transmission, trans mission, trans-mission, transmissions,
transmission's, retransmission, transition

Any advice?

Thanks,
Sean