auctex-devel

[AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.82; preview-latex incompatible with e-TeX's "-file

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.82; preview-latex incompatible with e-TeX's "-file-line-error" option
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:11:05 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-04-26) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When I looked at the respective preview-latex function I was a bit
>> concerned about the specific code for preview error messages.  Maybe
>> it is enough to just activated them conditionally in the regexp.
>> But for that to understand I'd have to look deeper into the matter.
>
> The preview-latex specific code gets analyzed with a separate regular
> expression.

You mean the "\\(?:Preview\\|Package Preview Error\\): Snippet" stuff?
Besides that branch of the `if' clause there is other preview-specific
stuff interspersed in the function as well, like calls to
`preview-place-preview' or `preview-log-error', some
fast-hook/slow-hook stuff etc., which I'd have to understand before
trying to factor it out.  BTW, what is `TeX-translate-via-list' good
for?  Grepping through the AUCTeX sources will only find a single
occurence of it.

--
Ralf