auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How about a new release?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How about a new release?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:27:50 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ralf,

>> Awesome.  I'll test-drive the things I use regularly tomorrow and
>> report back if I find a problem.

So at least in my usual latex/xetex work, I didn't find any problem.

> You might have seen that I started the release procedure.
> Unfortunately I had to abort it because I was not able to create the
> XEmacs package.  When compiling tex.el XEmacs barfs at the call to
> `require' in `TeX-evince-dbus-p' because XEmacs does not know a
> `require' with three arguments.

Hm, the XEmacs version I have installed (21.5 (beta 31) "ginger") has
it:

  (require FEATURE &optional FILENAME NOERROR)

> Adding `(featurep 'xemacs)' as the first parameter of the `and' call
> might be enough to fix the problem because XEmacs likely does not know
> about DBus anyway but I'm not sure yet if this is the right solution.

I think it is.  When (TeX-evince-dbus-p ...) returns nil, the source
correlation features simply work by calling evince with the appropriate
command line options for forward search, and the user has to configure
emacsclient/gnuclient for backward search.  That's the same behavior one
had before the DBUS additions.

Bye,
Tassilo