auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Wrap dollars around active region

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Wrap dollars around active region
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 08:04:30 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Tassilo,
>
> 2013/6/5 Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>:
>> Ups, and in the meantime I've "git reset --hard origin/master".  But it
>> was easy to reproduce, but keep in mind that the attached version is
>> even less tested (not at all!) than the version I've meant to send you
>> before.
> Thank you, that works.  David's "[^z-a]" works as well (it's really
> smart!) and is shorter, I prefer this if there are no
> contraindications, e.g., if "[^z-a]" is treated as an invalid regex in
> some Emacs versions.

The real contraindication is that it includes any ending delimiter, so
any patterns including it will match until the end of file and cause
slow matching.  One should only use it in non-greedy parts of the
pattern.

> I'd like to match the regex exactly from point to mark position, much
> like \`...\' in `string-match'.

Huh.  Sounds like you should rather change the code than warp the regexp
to do something that has nothing to do with regexp matching any more.

--
David Kastrup