auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Plan for a new release? [Was: preview.sty included in

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Plan for a new release? [Was: preview.sty included in GNU ELPA problematic]
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 17:00:12 +0200

Hi Tassilo and other co-maintainers,

for the release process we should follow the "Distributions" section
of the GNU Maintainer guide, right?  I can build and sign all
tarballs, including XEmacs and Windows ones, but who will send the
packages to the FTP server?  For what is worth, I haven't gone through
the process to automate FTP uploads yet.

In the Makefile, the default shell is a generic /bin/sh, but in the
release-sign rule there is a "read -sp" command which is, AFAIK,
specific to "bash" and /bin/sh doesn't necessarily points to bash (in
Debian and derivates it doesn't).  The "-p" option can be replaced by
a preceding "echo -n" message, the "-s" option doesn't have a generic
replacement.  A solution could be to set the shell to /bin/bash,
another could be to replace the read "-p" option with the "echo" and
drop the "-s" option.

Bye,
Mosè