auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] «global.sty» include, master, subfiles

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] «global.sty» include, master, subfiles
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 16:05:05 +0100

Hi Uwe,

> Hello
>
> I have two a bit different problems in my workflow.
>
> Suppose I have say 4 directories, each contains 10 files. Basically all
> these 40 files share the same header, usepackages etc.
>
> So I would like to have a global solution so that any change is
> reflected in the 40 files.
> The first solution which occurred to me was a new style file which I
> place in my private TeX directory. The problem is that auctex  does not
> know about this private .sty file and will not its usual syntax support.
> I don't know how to deal with this situation. Most like I must bake up
> my own .el file in the lines Tassilo proposed for bibibeamer/beamer.
>
> Are there  other solutions?

I reply for this problem: AUCTeX searches for style files in the
directories listed in `TeX-style-path'.  Actually, this list is built
from other lists (see its documentation for details), of which you may
be interested in `TeX-style-private'.  Thus, you can either put (or
link) your style file in one of the paths listed there or add the path
of the style file to `TeX-style-private'.

Bye,
Mosè