auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Hello and a question about missing AUCTeX features

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Hello and a question about missing AUCTeX features
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:24:14 +0200

   > Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

   > On the other hand, I have seen a core contributor to XEmacs (which does
   > not generally use copyright assignments) that he would rather retract
   > all his work than have it relicensed under GPLv3 so that XEmacs would be
   > able to continue merging code from Emacs.

Hm, I think I know who that was[1]

   >  Take a look at the FSF parts of the assignment
   > contracts if you have the opportunity.  The easiest way to do that, of
   > course, is to request the assignment papers.  You will still be free to
   > throw them away afterwards and not go through with your
   > assignment/contribution.

Just one non philosophical remark: I wish it were possible either to
digitally sign those papers, or sent a scanned version of the signed
document instead of a smail. However that might also depend on the
current legislation...

Footnotes:
[1]  the copyright assignment issue between GNU and Xemacs was a bit of
a sad story.