auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX output dimensions in ConTeXt

From: Carlos
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX output dimensions in ConTeXt
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 09:26:16 -0400

Normally in a latex file, when one encounters errors, such as the above
in ConTeXt, (undefined control sequence), the file tex-buf.el is called
with all the information related to it. But it's right there, at level,
centered in the screen, for example:

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
\itehu
\end{document}

Use C-c ` to display

ERROR: Undefined control sequence.

--- TeX said ---
l.6 \itehu

--- HELP ---
TeX encountered an unknown command name. You probably misspelled the
name. If this message occurs when a LaTeX command is being processed,
the command is probably in the wrong place---for example, the error
can be produced by an \item command that's not inside a list-making
environment. The error can also be caused by a missing \documentclass
command

In reality, in ConTeXt this is not even necessary to have in a separate
buffer , because it would display:

tex error       > error on line 4 in file /home/my/path/document.tex:
! Undefined control sequence

l.4 \ietuhet

 1     \starttext
 2
 3     a test to test it out
 4 >>  \ietuhet

But the only way to get to it, is by typing an < first, followed by >
which 'redraws' the screen. So it jumps to the top, and then re-aligns
itself.

That, is unacceptable.

Sorry for the extra messages. I just needed to further explain what the
problem is.

Take care guys.