auctex-devel

[AUCTeX-devel] Contributing to AUCTeX

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Contributing to AUCTeX
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 20:14:28 +0100

OK,

so after some time dedicated to thinking I signed the FSF papers and
sent them (of course, it will take some time for the letter to get
across the pond, and FSF will probably need at least a few days to
register it).

So, my question now is: what do I do in order to start contributing to
AUCTeX?  Currently, I put my code in this GitHub repository:
https://github.com/mbork/tex-plus.el , but of course this doesn't have
to be so.

Of course, there are questions of quality, reviews, tests etc.  What are
the practices for AUCTeX?  I hope that my code isn't bad enough to be
rejected (though admiteddly its far from being ideal, and probably will
never be, since (1) I'm not (yet?) a bearded Elisp wizard, and (2) when
dealing with LaTeX I have to make some assumptions e.g. about the user
not changing catcodes like crazy).

Also, while I don't have too much time now (my teaching schedule this
semester is totally insane), I manage to carve out a few hours of Elisp
coding each week, so while I might not answer all emails within 24
hours, I /will/ answer them eventually.

Best regards,

--
Marcin Borkowski