auctex-devel

[AUCTeX-devel] [addl] (was: Drop ChangeLog)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] [addl] (was: Drop ChangeLog)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:54:26 +0000

Hi
   > Magit has the feature you describe: stage the changes, in magit-status
   > buffer view the hunk you want to describe and press C
   > (magit-commit-add-log) to enter the ChangeLog-like entry to the commit
   > message.

If I understand that correctly you mark the region you want to refer in
the Change log entry? That is not quite the same as some navigation
facilities. Which brings me to a different but connected subject:

For a couple of years I use addl.el a small package written by Carsten
Dominik which adds references like this to a ChangeLog entry for a LaTeX
file

2015-11-12  Uwe Brauer  <address@hidden>

        * eulerpoisson.tex (subsection{Properties_solutions} {rem}
        {rem:section-0003:1}):
        Delete enumerate

First question, could that code be included in AucTeX? I will ask
Carsten of course. I find it very useful.

It would also be extremely helpful  to have a such a feature within
vc-next-action, because frankly I am also annoyed with this double
submission of the changelog and vc-next-action, but this I have to ask
in emacs.devel

Best

Uwe