auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] New error parsing

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] New error parsing
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 19:04:47 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

I noticed that the regexp in `TeX-parse-error' doesn't match vertical
bad boxes messages, that usually are like

  Underfull \vbox (badness 1048) has occurred while \output is active [7]

where [7] is the page where the bad box occurred, if I got it right.
Ok, this message is pretty useless as it is because it doesn't provide
the offending file and line, but nevertheless I think we should catch
it.

In addition, in a document of mine I have some bad horizontal boxes
with messages like

  Overfull \hbox (0.93071pt too wide) detected at line 29

but the regexp expects it to end with "at lines 12--34".  How about
replacing the regexp for horizontal bad boxes with

"^\\(\\(?:Overfull\\|Underfull\\|Tight\\|Loose\\)\

?  I'm not sure, though, the phrase "detected at line(s)" always
appears in such warnings.  As an alternative:

"^\\(\\(?:Overfull\\|Underfull\\|Tight\\|Loose\\)\

with the trailing "$".  What do you think?

Bye,
Mosè